Have you done anything impressive in your HR strategy and execution?
Enter it into the HR Excellence Awards!
Whether it is a pushy boss who demands employees to work late into the night or cheap colleagues who steal office supplies and snacks from the pantry, deciding which is the lesser of two evils is a really tough call.
A recent post on Hong Kong Discussion Group asked workers if they would prefer working with a toxic boss or bad team mates. We have highlighted below a number of key points presenting both sides of the argument.
I prefer a toxic boss because:
1. In the office, there is only one bad boss. But there are several bad team mates and they tend to work together as a team, making it a lot tougher to deal with.
2. Most employees work with each other on a daily basis and only meet with the boss once in a while.
3. Colleagues will gather around to talk about the bad boss, forming an unbreakable alliance.
4. Never fear tough competition, but always look out for incompetent team mates.
I prefer working with bad team mates because:
1. You come into the office to work, not to make friends. You can always ignore bad colleagues, but not the boss.
2. The boss pays your salary and approves your promotions, you don’t want to mess with him or her.
ALSO READ: The signature toxic phrases of bad colleagues
Looking for Human Resource Information System ? Then you are at the right place. Make the switch today with our Human Resource Software for Malaysia called eP2P Application. It is fully responsive on any devices and native apps HR Mobile ready. Contact Us today.
Powered by http://hrsc.my
This article was first published in Human Resources Online Bulletin and is reproduced with permission. Original article can be found at http://www.humanresourcesonline.net